Monday, June 27, 2011

Parenthood and Grandparent-hood!

We have added another member to the Hawkins family!  Little Zoey Louise Trammell was born June 23rd at 12:16 a.m. 8 pounds, 14.6 ounces, 21 inches long. We now have two boys & two girls!  She is healthy, happy, and looks just like Robyn.  This was without a doubt the hardest of the four.  They induced Robyn at about 9:00 Tuesday morning.  After two days Robyn stopped dilating and had started to swell so they did a C-section.  I was okay with it all until she started to swell.  My stress level reached it's peak when Zoey was born & nobody could tell us if Robyn was okay.  There has only been one other time in my life that I was that frightened.  That was when Malinda was so sick and in the emergency room the last time before her surgery.  Her blood pressure was 60/40 and still dropping.  They couldn't get an IV in because she was so dehydrated and without the IV her blood pressure would continue to drop.  I honestly thought I was watching my daughter die and there was nothing I could do.  There is no more helpless feeling than that!  I felt pretty much the same way right after Zoey was born. There was just a few minutes (maybe 10) that I didn't know if Robyn was okay or not.  In both cases, with Malinda and Robyn, everything turned out okay and today they are both healthy and happy with daughters of their own but I will never forget that feeling of helplessness.

I can't believe that Zoey will be a month old before I see her again.  I wish they were closer to home.  I can't wait to see her again. I want to see all of my grand kids at the same time in the same place! I want to get a picture of all 4 of them together on memaw's porch swing! At least the boys will be here for a week next month.  I always look forward to having them here.  The pool is ready and waiting.  I am ready for them.  They are getting so big now.  I don't know how much longer they will want to give up a week of their summer to spend it with Mimi & Papaw but I hope they will come for at least a few more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment