Sunday, October 31, 2010

Tired Body Healthy Heart

Okay, so what I didn't say about our trip was that I noticed an increase in "episodes" with my heart while in the mountains.  I didn't tell anybody because I knew if I did, they wouldn't let me do what I wanted to do.  I had my one year checkup with my heart doctor on Tuesday.  I did tell him about the symptoms I had been having soooo.  Friday morning I went into the hospital for a heart catherization.  My heart is fine.  The stents are holding well & there is only one small place where there is a tiny bit of plaque buildup.  Not even enough to to do anything about.  Now I just have this hole in my leg where he went throught the main artery in my groin to get to my heart.  The worst part is the soreness and the bruising on my leg from a hematoma. 

I got to the hospital at straight up 7:00 a.m. like I was told.  They rushed me through admissions, lab work and chest xray.  Then up to the Cath Lab to wait.  I was the second one there so by 9:00 I was wheeled into surgery.  The procedure was total about 45 minutes.  By 10:30 I was back in my room waiting for the doctor to come in and release me.  He came in about 3:30, but I didn't really care that it took so long because I slept most of the time.  After he came and left though, I was ready to go home.  We waited and waited.  Finally about 6:15 an orderly came in with a wheelchair to get me.  He apologized for taking so long but he couldn't find the room!  I was in 146.  In the hospital side the rooms go to 145 so he didn't know where the room was.  He asked a couple of people and nobody else seemed to know either!  Finally somebody said they thought that must be in the Cath Lab.  He called it "a blonde moment", I called it incompetent!!!  We got home a little after 7:00 p.m. more than 12 hours after I had left.  I sincerely hope I don't have to do that again but I guess it was worth it to know that my heart is strong and healthy.

Now I just have to get over this soreness so I can start walking and drop some of this weight.  I have got to get in good shape before the cruise.  We leave in 47 days!  There is so much to do and we are running out of time!  I can really start planning excursions now that I know I'm healthy enough to do what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment